Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why are we going splits and other stretches in class?

Dear girls,

I just want to clarify again the reason for doing stretches in class. The main reason is to make your little bodies more flexible. The key thing is not about whether you CAN do the split or other stretches or not. The key thing is to try your best and aim to go a little bit more every week. In doing so, you are increasing your flexibility. Before you know it, you can do all the stretches without any difficulty. Remember we are not having a competition with other girls, so do not make fun of girls that are not doing it well yet. Always stay humble!

Many girls give up due to the pain factor. As I always said in class, try your best. I will only come and "help" (push you down) if I see that you are not trying your best.

So, as long as you are trying your best, I will be very happy with you even though you cannot do the stretch very well! Keep stretching girls!

~ Ms Lovell

No comments: